Ambergris, ambrette, ambrette seed, bergamot, bourbon, bourbon vanilla, cashmere, cashmere wood, fleur de narcisse, Italian bergamot, lily, lily of the valley, linden, linden blossom, lychee, mandarin, Musk, neroli, Oscar de la Renta, stephanotis, vanilla, white musk, wood
Scent Name: Something Blue
Manufacturer: Oscar de la Renta
Scent Description and Notes:
Discover Something Blue, a fragrance to cherish forever. Inspired by life’s most magical moments, this romantic fragrance opens with a sparkling burst of mandarin and linden blossom and warms to an irresistibly sultry finish with notes of bourbon vanilla and white musk. A removable ring engraved with the designer’s signature logo is a symbol of Mr. de la Renta’s abiding devotion to his beloved clientele. From this day forward.
• Top: Italian Bergamot, Mandarin, Neroli, Linden Blossom
• Heart: Stephanotis, Fleur de Narcisse, Lily of the Valley, Kiss of Lychee
• Base: Ambrette Seeds, White Musk, Ambergris, Cashmere Woods, Bourbon Vanilla.” -http://www.oscardelarenta.com/fragrance-and-beauty/shop-by-brand/something-blue/l0064100/something-blue-edp-spray-3-4-oz
Oil Color: Colorless.
Bottle Design and Artwork: This is standard 1.5 ml clear glass vial with a robin’s egg blue applicator cap. The vial has silver, lower-case, Italic font displaying the name of the designer. The name of the scent is in small block font above it in the same filler color. The only other marking is “004” on the vial.
- ITV: “Something Blue” is a very light and clean scent with tones of green and citrus under white florals. It reminds me of a crisp garden party just after a fresh rain.
- Wet: The green here is a bit bitter, but it’s somewhat balanced by the narcissus, stephanotis, musk, linden blossoms, and cashmere wood. However, I don’t get any of the warmth from the vanilla bourbon or ambergris that the notes normally provide, which would have been nice.
- Dry: I’m a bit disappointed as the scent fades to only a papery, slightly watery (lily of the valley) ghost of its former glory and only after two hours and a brisk walk. I wish this had more staying power, but I’m not willing to shell out money for something that vanishes so quickly.
Other Impressions: None.